Monday, March 28, 2011

Accomplishments

9/27/2010

In the second dream I was back at my childhood home and the dream took place 15 years ago. There was some kind of event going on. The kind of event where each neighbor decorates the front of their house.

My mom wanted to decorate the house with a list of my achievements. 15 years ago that list would not have been very long but in the dream in had a few items on it.

I vehemently protested about having my achievements put on display for the whole neighborhood to see.

My mom asked me rather angrily "Don't you want to stand out?"

I replied "No, I just want to blend into the background."

My mom was appalled by that reply.

15 years ago that would not have been my actual answer. Back then I wanted to stand out and be the center of attention, It wasn't until I got much older that I realized it's easier to go through life unnoticed.

That may sound like a defeatist attitude but unfortunately that's the reality of it. If I had spent more of my life trying not to be noticed instead of drawing attention to myself my life would have been much more peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment