Sunday, September 5, 2010

We can only dance

I imagined I heard a song today. How is that possible you may ask? I don't know but the company I work for does not allow music to be played. Yet I could have sworn that I heard the distinct sound of bongo drums being played at a slow but steady beat.

In front of those drums were a trio of male singers, Latin in style, who only sang the repeating chorus of "We can only dance". They would repeat only those four words. One refrain higher in tone than one lower.

Then I heard a fourth voice who must have been the lead. He sang the same four words but not like the other three. Instead of being percussive like the other singers he sang more melodiously and and would drag out the word 'dance' longer. In the time it took the back up singers to sing it three times he would sing it only once.

There was also a Spanish guitar and a bongo solo that matched the notes of the lead singer.

So I was either hallucinating due to the lack of sleep I've been having or I have a brain tumor.

8 Hours after I write this down by hand I had completely forgotten how the melody went.

No comments:

Post a Comment