Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Divorce

Last night I dreamed that my parents got divorced. The reason this is strange is because in the waking world my parents were strict Catholics and never divorced and my dad passed away some time ago. I frequently have dreams where my dad is still alive since he passed away. I don't know why because it's not like I have a longing for my dad to return or anything.

Anyway in the dream my parents were divorced. My mom got a beautiful new house out of the deal and it was only one street over from the house I grew up in. My dad on the other hand was still living in the house I grew up in. The only problem with that was that the house had become old and was falling apart. My dad desperately tried to keep the house in good shape but he just couldn't keep up with it. I kept urging my dad to sell the house and cut his losses but being as stubborn as he was he refused to sell the house in case he got back together with my mom.

I don't know what the dream meant. Then again I don't go looking for meanings in dreams. Dreams are just that, dreams. Most times they have no meaning and are meant just to be enjoyed or experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment