Saturday, October 2, 2010

1st Dream: Evil Ernie

Do you remember your first dream? Not your first dream ever but the firs one you remember having. I remember mine like it just happened yesterday.

I was at least 4 years old as we had just moved into our new house. In the dream I was riding my dad's 70s green 10-speed bike. This was unusual because the bike was too big for me and I was still on training wheels.

Anyway I was riding the bike in a small empty store. There was a doorway but no door and a large storefront window. The empty store was in the location of a small general store in the town I grew up in. This was long before the advent of big chain convenience stores.

So while riding my dad's bike in the empty store at night I fell off the bike but I didn't hurt myself. The reason I didn't hurt myself was because the floor was covered with the disembodied heads of Ernie from Sesame Street and they were not happy. But even then I knew they were just puppets made of felt because they didn't actually hurt me even though their toothless felt maws kept snapping at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment