Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dreaming the future

Have you ever had a dream that foretold the future? I did sort of about 20 years ago.

At the time I was ill with a strep throat and I was running a fever. That night before I went to sleep I watched an episode of Star Trek: Deep Space 9. In that episode it showed Commander Sisko watching his wife die while being covered in rubble after an attack by the Borg. That night I had a dream where a large structure exploded and fell trapping people in the rubble.

The next day I was so sick with fever that I couldn't even drive myself and had my then-girlfriend drive me to the doctor's office. In the waiting room they had a local news station playing on the radio and they just reported a story that the a bombing attempt had been made on the World Trade Center. At that time I remembered my dream from the night before and in my fever-addled state I thought that I had something to do with it almost like I was responsible for it.

Luckily my girlfriend at the time was strong enough to restrain me.

No comments:

Post a Comment