Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dreaming of black Green Lanterns

Have you ever dreamt that you're a super hero? Not one that your mind created but a specific one like Spider-Man? I have. Lots of times.

The earliest one that I remember is that I was Superman flying with Supergirl over the beach near my childhood home. This was awesome considering I was 8 at the time.

One that I remember when I was more of an adult was that I was Wolverine but my claws were invisible. I was able to use them to cut up an alien ray gun. The other weird thing about that was that the ray gun had a barrel like a cartoony musket. Kind of like the aliens were stuck in the 17th century except with lasers.

The one super hero I dream about being the most is Green Lantern. I guess I'm attracted to being able to zip through space with a ring of almost unlimited power. When I don't dream of myself being a Green Lantern I dream that I am a particular one. However it's not Hal Jordan or Guy Gardner and definitely not that lame ass Kyle Rainer. For some reason I occasionally dream that I'm the John Stewart GL (pictured). In case you're wondering I'm not black. I could tell I was John Stewart because in the dream I looked in the mirror and the face of John Stewart was staring back at me. And since there was a mirror in front of me I just had to aim the ring at the mirror. The beam hit the mirror but instead of bouncing off and hitting the ceiling the beam came back directly at the ring and turned both the beam and the ring into lead or iron. Only I could break a Green Lantern ring.

All this took place years before John Stewart was featured on the Justice League cartoon.

Even to this day I recite the Green Lantern oath when I put on my wedding ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment