Sunday, October 17, 2010

Dream: Mom's Dead

9/13/2010

The night after the Night of Many Dreams I had a dream that my mom had passed away...sort of.

In the dream my brother called me and told me that she had died. I felt bad but not for my mom. I felt worse for my brother since he lived with her and would have to take care of all the necessary arrangements because I am clueless when it comes to things like that. However dreams being what they are there was a strange twist.

After being told that my mom was dead I went to her house and she was very much alive. There was no explanation to it and I just accepted it.

Then my brother tells me that he's driving mom someplace and asked me if I wanted to go with them. I said no but then my brother asked me again through gritted teeth like I didn't have a choice. Then I woke up.

This dream disturbed me for a couple of reasons. The first is that my mother is currently going through radiation treatment for cancer so her death is a possibility. The second is I don't want my mother to die even though death is always inevitable. I've known that since I've been old enough to know what death is and in my family that was really young. The last thing is that ever since my dad died I've been having dreams about him being alive. I'm not looking forward to the day when I start having dreams about my zombie parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment